04 Feb THE COURAGE TO DARE
Geneva, 31st of January 2014 – The Zermatt Summit Foundation and its members have decided on “The Courage to Dare” as the theme of the fifth Zermatt Summit. As globalisation starts to show its limits and downsides, certain leaders have decided to turn a new page in their own environments.
The 2014 Zermatt Summit is a 3-day transforming experience in the heart of the Swiss Alps, intended for people in positions of leadership who want to work together for the common good.
Just like in previous years, the 2014 Zermatt Summit will include brainstorming sessions, informative and informal discussions and innovative workshops on practical situations, in the company of inspirational personalities from different backgrounds (economics, spirituality, politics, NGOs, technology, etc.), who have had the “Courage to Dare” to each engage, in their own way, in favour of human beings and the common good.
The Zermatt Summit will take place between 26 and 28 June 2014 in Zermatt, in pursuit of the essential goal of making globalisation more humane by changing hearts and minds.
We are eagerly looking forward to another major gathering that, we hope, will give as many people as possible the courage to dare, to dare to change an economic, social and political environment that continuously reveals its weaknesses, problems and excesses, to the detriment of mankind. I would like to thank everyone who has been supporting us for nearly 5 years now, and who is striving to put human beings back in the heart of the globalisation process
Christophe Wasserman, Founder and President of the Zermatt Summit Foundation.
The following personalities have already agreed to share their experiences with us:
- Naftali Brawer – President and CEO, Spiritual Capital Foundation
- Hubert de Boisredon – President and CEO, Armor Group
- Nicolas Buttet – Founder, Eucharistein Fraternity
- Francesca-Immacolata Chaouqui – Member of The Economic Commission to reform the Holy See
- Hannah Chung – Founder of Sproutel – Chief Creative Officer
- Doraja Eberlé – Erste Stiftung – President
- Pierre-Yves Gomez – Economist – Director IFGE
- Pamela Hartigan – Founder of the Skoll Foundation, partner of Volans Ventures
- Erik Hersman – President and CEO of BRCK, Founder of Ushaidi and TED fellow
- Rodrigo Jordan – President of the National Foundation for Overcoming Poverty – Mountaineer
- Antonio Meloto, Founder of Gawad Kalinga
- Melchior de Muralt, MD of Pury Pictet Turrettini and Vice-President of Blue Orchard Finance
- Paul Rose – Explorer and Vice-President of the Royal Geographical Society
- Hisham el Sherif – President of IT Investments Group, Founder of Nile Online
- Edouard Tétreau, MD of Mediafin
- Laurent Wauquiez, French MOP, Mayor of Puy-en-Velay, France and former Minister of State
- Jochen Zeitz, Co-founder and Co-director of The B-team. Founder of the Zeitz Foundation
The first four summits scored a resounding success, thanks to the relevance of their themes and the committed and persuasive speakers.
- 2010 – Changing Hearts and Minds
- 2011 – Servant Leadership
- 2012 – About the Common Good
- 2013 – Business & NGOs: Building Partnerships of Winners